- Updated your vocab log and review the vocabulary: focus, wave, body wave, surface wave, p-wave, s-wave
Today we observed what happens when a ball is dropped in water (yes, really) to examine how it causes waves, how the waves spread, what happens when the waves encounter a barrier, and what happens when waves interact with each other. With this basic understanding of waves, we took background notes on waves and connected this to earthquakes. Here's what you need to do:
- Complete handout 67 using the presentation slides below.
- Update your vocab log with the words listed in the homework (see above)
You received two handouts today:
- Handout 66: Lesson 2 Getting Started
- Handout 67: Waves and Earthquakes